Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Splish Splash I was Takin' a Bath!

So I'm getting ready to take a shower the other day and I open the shower door to turn on the water. I notice, much to my dismay, that the shower really needs to be scrubbed and that there are shampoo bottles all over the floor. I say noticed...it was actually more like acknowledged, because I knew the state of the shower a few days prior, just chose to ignore it, hoping it would clean itself.

One of the reasons it gets so messy is because my kids prefer to use it over their own bathtub in their own bathroom! I have no idea why, they just do. And for some reason, it never occurs to them, or my husband, to toss the empty bottles in the trash can when they are done showering. Course, it did take me 2 or 3 days to actually bend over and do it myself, so I guess I shouldn't be talkin' smack about my lazy family.

Anyway...with a heavy sigh, I bent over to pick up the empty bottles and underneath one of them found this:



Sorry, I know the picture quality stinks. I told you all I have a crappy old camera, right? It's certainly not my photo taking skills. I said I NEED A NEW CAMERA! And no remarks about my housekeeping skills, either! I am working on it, people!

It's a scorpion. A big, dead scorpion. I have no idea how long our visitor had been there. I know the bottles had been on the shower floor for 2 or 3 days. What if it had been there the whole time!?!? AAUUGGHH!! How freaky! At least it was dead, but my kid had just been in there a few hours prior taking his own shower! Needless to say, no more bottles get left on the shower floor.

And yes, I did scrub the shower, so it doesn't look like that anymore. I'm workin' on it, people!

2 Comments:

Carissa said...

I had a similar experience the other day. I walked into the bathroom and noticed something with a funny shape and dark orange color on the floor. First instinct was "Scorpion!" But knowing that I am a bit paranoid about them, after looking at the tiny thing, I decided it must be something else (that wasn't alive). Much to my dismay, when I walked into the bathroom later that same day, it was gone! I hadn't moved it and I knew no one else had been in there. Now I was really paranoid about scorpions because I realized I had a live baby scorpion most likely somewhere in the master suite. Luckily, it didn't sneak up on me and I survived without getting stung as a few days later I noticed the little guy climbing on the wall. Needless to say, I promptly found a shoe and smashed it.

The Sports Mama said...

Hey... your shower looks like mine. Only with the scorpion added in. :)

Coach found one of those sitting on the top of his shoe one afternoon at work. And while I wasn't there, I'd bet he screamed like a little girl. :)

Post a Comment