Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Back to School Backlash!

We had the big blowout today. Actually, we've had the big blowout the last two days, over homework and chores and getting ready for school in the mornings. Because I guess my boys lost their capacity to think or function over the summer. And apparently their brains are not prone to recalling previous experiences with the whole school routine because they act like this is all new to them.
So we will try a new tactic tomorrow which DOES NOT involve me herding them like mindless sheep through the process of getting ready and to the car. I don't know what the new tactic is, but I do know it will not leave me feeling bad when I drop my kids at school for the day having fought with them all morning so we coud get out of the door on time.
I'll let you know how it goes...once I figure out exactly what it is I will be doing.

1 Comments:

mylittlepatchofsunshine said...

I'm NOT a morning person - so I do everything the night before. Literally. Backpacks packed & ready. Lunches made in fridge. Water bottles full. Breakfast dishes on the table. Breakfast planned and easy. Clothes laid out before bed. My boys get up, brush teeth, eat and we leave. Of course, there's always the issue of GETTING UP, but there aren't any decisions that have to be made. (I know I homeschool - but my boys attend an enrichment program 1 day/week through Mesa Public Schools. If we did it 5 days/week, our mornings would look the same.) Maybe you already do all that -- and if so I have no ideas :) I hope tomorrow is better!!

Post a Comment