Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2009

I've Been Tagged and Awarded - Kreativ Blogger

I've been nominated by Lezlee at Bandana Mom for the Kreativ Blogger award. Great. Now I have all this pressure to blog something hilarious or weirdly whacked out. No regular post tonight. Now I gotta do something spectacular!

Just KIDDING! Thanks for thinking of me, Bandana Mom! I love reading your extremely creative blog too, I get lots of ideas from you!

So, I guess part of this award states that I must share 7 things about myself that people might not know. This could be difficult, as most of you know that I tend to be pretty open about who I am and how I deal with life. Anyway...I'll give it a shot.

1) I once auditioned for the Jack Daniels Comedy Search. It was one of the most fun days of my life. My friends at work kept encouraging me to do it, so I did. My friend was gonna go with me and try out too, only he called and cancelled at the last minute but I still went. It was scary until I got there, and found myself surrounded by a really hilarious group of guys who totally took me under their wings and helped me with my timing, etc. My "set" included a monologue about getting hit on by a cop who pulled me over and gave me a ticket and then ended with some thoughts about the Women's German Luge Team and flatulence. The 3 judges actually laughed, which was good, 'cause they were pretty tough judges who did not even break a smile at the person who went up before me. All I remember was that the spotlight was freaking blinding and that a 2 minute set seems a lot longer on stage than it does at home when you're practicing in front of the mirror. I didn't make it to the top 5, but I had a blast and am so glad I did it. Johhny Biscuit was one of the top 5, I think he had a comedy club in Utah. He was one of the guys I hung out with all day. He told me I wasn't neurotic enough to be a comedian and that most comedians weren't confident enough to laugh at another comic's performance, which I did all day long. I say everybody's got something funny to share and you can't have enough laughter in your life. Besides...how can I take advice from a guy name Johnny Biscuit seriously? There ya go...my deep thought for the day.

This is gonna be a long post if I continue to be so verbose. Brevity is a struggle for me, I write like I talk. ALOT!

2. I traveled the country grooming thoroughbred race horses. I saw the Kentucky Derby from the backside (barn area) twice. I groomed a few race horses who made more money in 2 0r 3 years than I will make in my entire life.

3. My first kiss was in second grade from a really cute kid named Greg. He kissed me on the cheek. Then he gave me a GIANT valentine that made all the girls in class jealous. I was secretly flattered, but kind of embarrassed over the attention. I guess even at that age I had issues with feeling worthy of receiving someone's affection. My first grown up kiss was when I was 16. His name was Jeff and I really, really liked him alot and it was an awesome kiss. That's all I have to say about that.

4. Despite what people think, I was not pregnant when I married my husband. He decided he wanted to get married and after waiting for years, when he said he was ready I said okay and we went to the Justice of the Peace that afternoon. I was NOT gonna give him time to change his mind.

5. I was afraid to have kids. I didn't think I would have that motherly instinct that makes moms automatically bond to their kids. Thank goodness I didn't give into my fear, my kids are one of the greatest parts of my life and I can't imagine not having them around.

6. I know how to rebuild a Volkswagen Bug carburetor. I had to do it once in high school on my own car. I also know how to change my own tire, drive a stick and replace a broken power window apperatus on a Sentra.

7. I eat peanut butter with syrup on my pancakes and waffles. I love that taste combination. But I can't eat it often. The sugar in the syrup gives me gut issues. Should I quit talking now?

So there you have it...7 things people may not know about me. And may not care to know.

Now I get to choose 7 people to pass the award onto! Make sure you include the Kreativ Blogger button on your post and make sure you notify the people you choose!

7 Bloggers I Love:

Stefany at Pike's Pickles
Sports Mama at You Don't Have to Like Me
Hope at Hope From the Edge
Birdie at Scenes From the Crooked Maple
Kristi at Kuntz Family
Melanie at My Little Patch of Sunshine
Randa at Randa Joy

Can't wait to find out more about these wonderful blog friends that keep me laughing, crying, hoping and loving and I find myself wishing I lived right next door to each and every one of them (I actually did live next to Randa for awhile and I miss having her for a neighbor).

6 Comments:

mylittlepatchofsunshine said...

Woo Hoo! Thanks :) I loved learning more about you & will write up my own post soon!

The Sports Mama said...

Aww... thanks! I love it when people think I'm creative. Even when the actual credit needs to go to the goofballs I live with that practically write my material for me!

And? Both Coach and Jock love love love peanut butter on their pancakes and waffles. French toast,too. In fact, neither one of them will eat those things without it.

What a goofy, small world! :)

Birdie said...

You bloviator *L* Seriously you're mighty interesting & very brave.
You rock.
I guess now I have to actually blog something huh? I'll try to forgive you for that. *wink*

Suzanne Barker said...

Loved reading your post! Especially about the comedy audition! Who would have thought?

I Am Boymom said...

Thanks for all the nice comments, ladies! This was a fun post to do. It was a fun to read other peoples' 7 things too. I learned alot about ya'll!

Kristi said...

Wow...my life is so boring...That is some awesome stuff you have done. Can't even think of anything interesting to write about...I;ll have to ponder this one. :) Thanks!

Post a Comment