Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
- Blissdom Conference Ticket: $249 for early registration
- Roundtrip flight from Phoenix to Nashville: $224 to $275 if I book ticket within the next couple weeks.
- Airport Shuttle to and from hotel: $20Hotel costs for 4 nights (discount rates for BlissDom attendees): $576
- Pre-conference Blissdom Wisdom Workshops for in-depth, small group learning - technical, business & creative: $100
- TOTAL COST FOR FULL SPONSORSHIP: $1195.00
I am seeking a full sponsorship and would prefer to try to work with just one company so I don't have to split my efforts to promote more than one sponsor. But I understand that the economy takes its toll on marketing budgets too, so I will consider splitting the costs of the conference between 2 sponsors if necessary. In return for a sponsorship, I will provide the following services to promote the company/product before, during and after the Blissdom Conference:
- I will hand out coupons and flyers. I will have to be creative in doing this however, as BlissDom has changed its policy regarding how personal sponsorship swag can be handled, but we can discuss options such as an after hours room party or something of that nature to distribute swag. I'm pretty open to ideas!
- I will make a t-shirt or a canvas bag with your company logo or slogan to wear and/or carry during the conference.
- I am willing to wear unique clothing/accessories as advertisement. Keep in mind, I am plus-size, which I am working on as part of my personal growth (meaning losing weight, not growing more!) in 2010.
- I will do a blog post regarding your sponsorship and products, as well as place sidebar ads on both the home and review pages of my blog for a 12 month period.
- I will also actively post updates about your company, brand, or product on my blog, Twitter and Facebook before, during and after the BlissDom Conference for a 12 month period.
- I will post photos, videos and do live blogging and Tweeting to promote your company/product during the BlissDom Conference.
- I am open to any other ideas you and your marketing department may have about how I can best promote your brand, as long as it's legal and family friendly! Let's brainstorm!
I Am Boymom is evolving everyday and I am confident that the knowledge and tools I gain at this conference will allow me to take my blog to the next level and really establish my brand/identity in the blog world as one that works well with companies who support marketing savvy moms and their families. Additionally, I am really involved in my community, so my influence is farther reaching than just my blog. Between Scouts, school, sports, church activities, local political involvement and neighborhood events, I am in contact with hundreds of parents who are always looking for informed opinions and positive experiences about products/companies from other families with whom they come in contact. And because I love to talk? I am NOT shy about sharing when I find good products, good companies and good deals!
Please feel free to take a look around my blog to find out more about who I am and what I do, as well as who I support. Then email or call if you are interested in helping me attend this conference. I will be happy to answer any questions you may have and we can talk details! I look forward to working your company so we can both experience amazing growth in 2010!
And thanks for considering my request for sponsorship.
P.S. - Years from now? When my kids are on Oprah talking about all the great things our family accomplished and what a great childhood they had 'cause their mom finally got her stuff together and taught them how to be confident, well adjusted, pro-active, self-supporting, successful adults? They'll mention you too, cause I'll pound it into their brains that this conference and the company who sponsored me was the turning point in our lives. Seriously...how can you pass up multi-generational, lifetime promotion?
Thursday, October 22, 2009
So here I am in all my glory, with Darlene, the kick-butt garden lady who takes care of my Grandpa in Idaho. See how that tomato is dwarfed in the presence of my massive girth? Too much flesh for the internet, people. Me...too much flesh on me. Not the tomato. Or Darlene.
I wonder if some search engine will pull this post up as porn because of the flesh references. That would be a crappy surprise for someone who clicked on my blog and thought they were gonna see something sexy...a fat chick, an elderly woman and a tomato. Hope we made your day! Bwuah ha ha ha!!
Monday, October 19, 2009
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
I am actually excited this time! I've actually stayed on the path for a few weeks with some success! I'm so excited about it that I decided to enter a contest to win a job that would pay me to write a blog for 6 months. It's a blog about...wait for it...maintaining a good mood and positive attitude. I KNOW, right? ME! Writing about good moods! The thing is, when I'm happy? I'm all about optimism and positive thinking and using humor to overcome difficult circumstances. And I really do know how to help other people find their happiness too! As "Happy Geri" it's who I am. It's what I do! Some of you know that about me because you knew me before I got stuck in this weird place in which I've been stuck. Well, I'm getting unstuck so this is the perfect time for me to go for such an amazing job.
Why am I sharing this? Well, for one thing, I share almost everything. You know that about me. But the more important reason is that I need your help. I need to get lots of votes to make it to the second round of the competition. So when yoy get a minute, can you stop by my profile at Nature Made Sam-e and vote for me?
I REALLY, REALLY want to win this job. Why? It would mean I have arrived. It would be a tangible manifestation of the fact that I am no longer stuck. That I figured it out and moved forward. That I was able to achieve my goals as a writer AND as a happy person. So can you show me some VOTE love? Thanks. I'll do the same for you when you need it. As long as it's not for this contest...'cuz while I may be in a good mood, I'm not stupid. : )
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Wanna hear a story?
About Old Pandori?
Want me to begin it?
That's all there is in it!
Ahh haa haa haa haa. Whooo! That gets my husband every time. I'm not kidding. He laughs Every. Single. Time. The boys' response?