Pages

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

My Week of Sciatic Nerve Pain - In GIFs

I have been trying to cope with sciatic pain for about 8 days now. Have you had sciatic nerve pain?  It's like Satan has reached up from Hell with his fiery hot fingers and is gouging you over and over with his stupid ass long, melted iron-red poker nails all up and down your butt cheek and leg. And it makes me mean. Here's a representation of what I have looked like over the last 5-7 days (Its actually a tiny bit better today, so I'm not so nasty this afternoon.

The Bargaining Phase:

via GIPHY

The "It's Never Going Away" Phase:
via GIPHY

The "Thanks for the suggestions that don't work" Phase
via GIPHY

The "I hate everyone" Phase
via GIPHY

The"I guess this is my life now" Phase
via GIPHY

I'm typically not a yoga person, but there was a lot of good info about yoga poses to help alleviate sciatic nerve pain. Okay, I'm a big fat woman, but what the hell. I'll give it a shot. Which looked like this:
 
via GIPHY

And this:

via GIPHY

And this:

via GIPHY


And it felt a lot like this:

via GIPHY


So after a few days of mental and physcial torture, I got desperate and tried anything and everything I could think of to get the pain to go away. Nothing was off limits.

Son, come try this to help me fixed my pinch nerve.

via GIPHY

Oh, that looks like it might work.

via GIPHY

Nope, not helping. Maybe this one:

via GIPHY

Okay, I'm getting desperate now. Where's that crazy thing I saw on the internet?

via GIPHY

Still no relief.  I was resigning myself to the fact that this wasn't going to go away any time soon.
via GIPHY

And that I was going to have to spend money I don't have to get medical attention.

via GIPHY

Just at that moment, a friend shares an idea:

via GIPHY

Fine. I'll try one more thing. But only because you're my friend. And I'm desperate. And Unemployed. And Uninsured. So I try this "Miracle Cure" of which she speaks:

Seems a little wierd, but it was starting to work:

via GIPHY



via GIPHY



via GIPHY

And suddenly, for the first time in the longest freaking week that I can remember, I had relief!

via GIPHY

via GIPHY

Oh my gosh, it WORKED!!!!!
via GIPHY

Who are you, really, Miracle Friend??
 
via GIPHY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment