Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

And So It Begins...

Okay, so we are 18 days into the New Year and so far, so good.  Kids are back in school after an extremely long Christmas break and they are extremely unhappy about it, so that's all normal.  I gained my typical holiday weight, so again, all normal.  I am working again, which is good financially, but I must confess, I am at heart a stay-at-home mom.  Not because I don't like to work, but because I feel like when I try to juggle both home and work, my family ends up suffering.   Actually, that's not true.  My family doesn't really suffer, my housework and laundry are what really suffer.  But if I'm honest, those things are a struggle for me whether I'm home or not, so I guess I really just need to let go of some of the things I stress about and move on.  Luckily I have a really decent boss who has his own family to take care of and he gets the struggle. 

So...what did I learn last year?  That you have to roll with the punches.  I'm kind of done being black and blue from fighting back when I probably shouldn't.  For some reason, when I wrote that sentence just now?  I totally started laughing, because I just had this vison in my head of me hitting myself over and over, like when I was a kid and my cousin would smack me with my own arm and go "Quit hitting yourself!"  Whack. "Why are you hitting yourself?"  Whack.  "Quit hitting yourself."  Not sure why I had that vision, because I wasn't thinking that I was the one I was fighting with when I made the statement about rolling with the punches.  Ummm...is that like an "AHA" moment?  Am I the one beating me up!?   How 'bout that for some instant self-enlightenment!  Wow!      

Anyway, I was looking back at some of the first posts I wrote when I started this blog...I was a lot more fun then.  I am striving to get back to being that person, so bear with me while I get my groove back.  That's the goal this year - Boymom Gets Her Groove Back.  I'll be working on my attitude, my body, my brain and my blog!  I'm looking forward to big changes in all of those areas!

On that note then, let's call it a day and I'll go home tonight and dream up some really great blog posts to keep you all interested and laughing this year...K?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment