Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Chuck Norris Bonding Time

My boys are struggling to get along lately.  They seem really impatient with one another.  The constant bickering is WEARING ON MY LAST NERVE!!  So it was kind of nice to hear laughter coming from the bedroom area last night.  I stood quietly outside the door to my youngest son's room so I could eavesdrop.  They were singing this:

Baby, you are Chuck Norris
Show us all your awesome fists
Make the bad guys fly fly fly
Roundhouse kick them to the sky sky sky

Bam Bam Bam
Chuck can swim right through dry land land land
He can shoot down any plane
by pointing and just saying bang

Cause baby he is Chuck Norris
Behind his beard there is a fist
Makes a cyclops cry cry cry
By punching him between the eye

Then the laughter took over.  They were laughing so hard they couldn't sing anymore.  And my heart was instantly lifted.  My sons were bonding. Over Chuck Norris jokes.  Which I find hilarious.  Because I am actually kind of fascinated by the man and the myth that is Chuck Norris (I think it comes from the fact that my Grandma used to make me watch Walker Texas Ranger with her all the time).  


I'm not obsessed with the guy, mind you.  I just think he's one interesting and bad ass dude.  I have on occasion talked about my affinity for Chuck when the boys wondered why I was watching Lone Wolf McQuaid on TV one Saturday afternoon.  My fondness for the Chuckster must have rubbed off on my children.  Glad to know my influence is being felt in this house.  Otherwise I might have had to break out some roundhouse kicks.  For a fat girl, I am very flexible.  

By the way...feel free to use my boys awesome song lyrics next time you sing karaoke to Katy Perry's Fireworks.  It'll be like a musical roundhouse kick to the face of your audience.  You're welcome. 


P.S. - Little known Chuck Norris fact:  Chuck Norris can roundhouse kick you in the head so hard that 30 years from now your descendant will suddenly sustain a concussion while walking down the street. 




1 Comments:

benbidder said...

Hahahahah! Your boys always did come up with some fun songs. My kids still sing them to this day. :)

Post a Comment