Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Music That I Love

Remember a few posts back how I was talking about the fact that I had kind of quit listening to music for awhile? I have realized what a powerful medium music can be so I am working at incorporating more uplifting and beautiful music into my daily routine. This week, thanks to One2One Network, I'm working my way through a new Five for Fighting album titled Slice that will be officially released on October 12.

I won't go into a full review here, you can read that on the What Would Boymom Buy blog. But I wanted to take a few minutes to share why I like John Ondrasik's work so much. The first song I ever heard by Five for Fighting was Superman (It Ain't Easy), which most of the country and probably half the world heard when it became associated with the heroes of the 9/11 tragedy. I was absolutely touched to the core by John Ondrasik's mesmerizing voice and the powerfully simple, yet heartrending lyrics. Then a while later I heard 100 Years on the radio and again fell in love with the guy who knows how to take everyday life experiences and turn them into melodic stories that stir the soul.

In short? His songs speak to me. Not just the words, but the music too. The high voice with which he sings. The beautiful piano or guitar in the background that gives each song its "texture." It all blends so perfectly and you know when you listen to one of his songs exactly how he feels. The joy of listening to him comes because he takes you to that emotional place with him. You get to live the song too. And THAT, his ability to draw you into the story, is what makes his music so poignant.

And since I'm all about emotion and feelings and stuff? John Ondrasik had me at hello.

Now...if you are a Five for Fighting fan or want to become one - you HAVE HAVE HAVE to read my official review (not this one, this is the teaser!) and leave a comment on the review blog. Because I will be giving away an autographed copy of Five for Fighting's new Slice CD! Hello, I didn't even get one of those! Lucky.

Are you still here? Go read the review! GO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment