Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Help Me Get the Good Mood Gig!

I've talked a lot on this blog about my search for happiness. The last couple of weeks have found me embarking on a new journey. One filled with challenges because the path I am going down requires that I let go of old issues and start being the person I want to be instead of just dreaming about it. I've tried this path before and quickly gotten off of it because it seemed too hard to navigate. This time? I don't care if it's hard. And truthfully, it can't be any harder than battling the demons and issues that have kept me off the path for so long now anyway. Change can be painful. So what the heck...I might as well try some new discomfort, right?

I am actually excited this time! I've actually stayed on the path for a few weeks with some success! I'm so excited about it that I decided to enter a contest to win a job that would pay me to write a blog for 6 months. It's a blog about...wait for it...maintaining a good mood and positive attitude. I KNOW, right? ME! Writing about good moods! The thing is, when I'm happy? I'm all about optimism and positive thinking and using humor to overcome difficult circumstances. And I really do know how to help other people find their happiness too! As "Happy Geri" it's who I am. It's what I do! Some of you know that about me because you knew me before I got stuck in this weird place in which I've been stuck. Well, I'm getting unstuck so this is the perfect time for me to go for such an amazing job.

Why am I sharing this? Well, for one thing, I share almost everything. You know that about me. But the more important reason is that I need your help. I need to get lots of votes to make it to the second round of the competition. So when yoy get a minute, can you stop by my profile at Nature Made Sam-e and vote for me?

http://www.sam-e.com/job/profile/158

I REALLY, REALLY want to win this job. Why? It would mean I have arrived. It would be a tangible manifestation of the fact that I am no longer stuck. That I figured it out and moved forward. That I was able to achieve my goals as a writer AND as a happy person. So can you show me some VOTE love? Thanks. I'll do the same for you when you need it. As long as it's not for this contest...'cuz while I may be in a good mood, I'm not stupid. : )

1 Comments:

Birdie said...

K, you sold me. Of course I voted for you. What a fantastic idea. I hope you make it all way!

Post a Comment