Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2008

5 Things

Five (5) things I cannot do with an injured big toe:

1. Run up and down the stairs as fast as I can, 2 times.

2. Wear cock roach kicker pointy toed boots.

3. Play folded up paper football with my big toe as the kicker.

4. Scratch my leg or other foot with my injured toe foot.

5. Help my husband move a heavy object while wearing sandals.


Five (5) things I cannot do WITHOUT an injured big toe:

1. Run up and down the stairs as fast as I can, 2 times.

Okay, I could, but I would be incredibly oxygen deprived afterward, and not that I don't need to, but I don't want to. Also, if you read my Stair post you would know what I think about Evil Stairs.

2. Wear cock roach kicker pointy toed boots.

Did you see the pic of my toe? Then you saw my fat feet. Wide and fat don't work well with skinny and pointy. No Cockroach Kickers in Size "El Grande Triple F Width".

3. Play folded up paper football with my big toe as the kicker.

My husband has those really coordinated toes that can pick things up and move things around. Mine are not coordinated and cannot pick things up or kick paper footballs. Alas, I will always be a spectator in the Big Toe Paper Football Arena.

4. Scratch my back with my injured toe foot.

I will probably be able to scratch my other leg or foot once my nail heals. However, as flexible as I am, my foot cannot reach my back. I tried.

5. Help my husband move a heavy object wearing sandals.

I think the toe picture said it all. I may be slow folks, but I ain't stupid. Next time I embark on any heavy lifting where my spouse is involved, I will be wearing some kind of industrial footwear...do they make steel toed sandals?

10 Comments:

Kristi said...

Ya know, I always wanted to wear those high black boots, but when I went to try some on a few years ago, I found out that I have fat calves. I know the rest of my body is "shapely", but I didn't realize that it starts way down by my ankles. So I comprimised and bought some, but I never pull them up all the way (they are stretchy) so I can only wear them with long skirts or long pants. Fat girls need to have fun too! :)

Unknown said...

I can cross my toes.

Stefany said...

OUCH!!!

Anonymous said...

Does your toe remind you of the old racetrack days when the horses would stomp on them?

MuseSwings said...

Ouch! Your poor toe! I left my little toe around the corner from the rest of my foot last week. OW! I was waiting for it to turn fancy colors so I could take a picture of it - hasn't yet. Thank you for limping all the way over to my site! Had I known you were going to stop by I would have set out a nice frilly girlie tea or something as kind of a a boymom antidote. Give you a short break from super heros and dump trucks.

Musings of a Housewife said...

Hey, congrats! You won the Jishaku game. Send me your address, and I'll forward it to the folks at Jishaku. They'll mail directly to you. Enjoy!

Miss Hope said...

Girl, I still cringe when I think about your toe. Dang.

I think it calls for some sandal shopping. Oh..and pretty bandaids...maybe polka dots?

Mozi Esme said...

Glad you're keeping it all in perspective! Get better quick!

I Am Boymom said...

Law - You and my husband have killer toes.

Pickles - Yeah, it's getting better now, not all yucky. But still a little owie.

Kristy - Fat girls need to have fun...yes! But you look curvy and cute, I don't think you look fat at all! I on the other hand...

Muses - Girlie tea sounds so awesome right now. Thanks!

Hope - Pretty bandaids! Why didn't I think of that?! What a great idea! And sandals are on the list, most definitely!

I Am Boymom said...

Anonymous - Mom? Yeah, it definitely reminds me of racetrack...except racetrackers are smart enough to wear closed toe boots or shoes. Guess I forgot some of my training.

Post a Comment