Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Meet Your Neighborhood Army Ranger

This is what Big Brother made for his "Class Community" for Social Studies. (Do you think this is the look he will have on his face on the first day of Boot camp?) They had to research their organization, as well as learn about the professionals who would run the organization. Big Brother built a military base. He researched the job of an Army Ranger.


Army Ranger Rick was really kind and helpful, he took the time to answer some questions for Big Brother. I love how military people have encouraged him in his desire to pursue a military career. All the parents cam to see the communities and asked the kids questions. The kids had to discuss things like duties, salaries, etc. Big Brother was definitely in his element!

11 Comments:

Kristi said...

What grade is he in? I am praying that we don't have to do something like this. Those sorts of projects are my worst nightmare! It is a cool lookin thing though. A lot of work.

I Am Boymom said...

He's in 3rd Grade. It wasn't to bad!! his teacher had them use boxes and we just sponged on paint. He was able to do the majority of it himself!

Miss Hope said...

How cool does he look in that camo hat???? Way to go, man! It all looks awesome!

Sue Wilkey said...

I LOVE that he did this all himself - and kudos to you to let him: I can't stand it when "kids projects" show up so professionally done by the parent. He must be proud!

HeatherPride said...

That's an awesome project - nice job!! Although I don't think anything beats the look on his face in that first picture!!

Dawn said...

lol! That top picture is too funny. What a face!

HeatherPride said...

Hey, I got my cool book in the mail! Thanks again!

Choppzs said...

Good for him! He looks a bit off in that first picture, looks like somebody cracked a whip or something! lol

4funboys said...

love the hat!

Great job on your project.

Queen to my 3 Boys said...

My boys are looking at this...drooling! They love it! Guess what we'll be attempting this week. *wink*

Autumn said...

So cool! :)

He looks adorable, BTW!!

Post a Comment