Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2008

I'm Movin' On

So...I ended a bad relationship about 10 days ago. We've known each other for a long time. It's been coming for awhile, I knew it had to be done, I was just hoping the friendship would kind of die out. You know, the business of life would just kind of take us our separate ways and I could avoid the "awkward moment" or the "it's not you, it's me" conversation. I finally had to make a decision and end it.

I think the trauma is just setting in. I found myself struggling to keep it together today. I kept thinking that maybe I need to re-assess the friendship. My friend could be pretty cool. I mean, apart from the complete lack of concern for how their behavior affected me, it wasn't all bad. Having said that, I did stay up a lot of nights because of them. My friend has this way of getting me amped up.  But is it their fault that I get wound up so easily?

And if I'm honest, my friend was NOT good for my diet, either.  Everytime I started to make progress with changing my eating habits, they would cajole me into cheating "just a little." And I always felt completely drained after they were gone. Ever had a friend that became a complete energy suck?!

I can't lay all the blame at my friend's feet.  I must have gotten something out of the friendship to have let it go on so long, right?

Okay, I've got to quit second-guessing myself! I already made this decision, I need to move on. Moooove on. Moving on now. That's better.

One of the problems I have with this whole thing is that my ex-friend and I hang out at a lot of the same places. I'm gonna have to figure out a way to avoid them. It could be tough, we have a lot of common aquaintances. It's for the best though and I guess a little bit of awkwardness now is better than a lot of hate later on. I've said my goodbyes, I have to move on.

Oh - in case you're wondering.

8 Comments:

Stefany said...

Oh my gosh girl--- We need to talk. I totally kicked my Pepsi habit about a year and a half ago. It was unbelievably (and quite surprisingly) hard. I was amazed at the outright rage I could get myself into. What was most difficult was retraining myself with certain foods that I thought NEEDED to have Pepsi with them. Youll get through and you will be so glad you did. I feel your pain totally though.

It is such an addiction.hang in there !

jimpurdy1943@yahoo.com said...

This post is hilarious! You had me reading all the way to the end wondering about the "friend." Pepsi! LOL!

Patrixjasyu said...

Oh my! I am having the same problem with Mrs. Diet Coke.
I am not strong enough yet... I love/need her too much...
Maybe tomorrow...

Bonnie said...

This post cracked me up! I just found your blog and I was "feeling your pain" at the loss of a good friend--was it a friend, a lover, what?--and then PEPSI! (All of the above!) Thanks for the "giggle"--good way to start the morning!

Anonymous said...

Through the whole post I was wondering if it was soda or chocolate!!!! ROFL! That would be my only friend that would make me cheat!!!! Good luck. I dod great for about 8mos then life went to hell-o and I needed my "friend" of choice to get me through the rough patches. Now we are best buds and he has totally taken advantage of my stress!!! We will probably have to have "the talk" here soon.

Alicia said...

How funny! I've recently had to cut way back on my soda. It's a hard thing to do! I haven't been on for a while, but I love your new background. I tagged you on my blog, come by to see!

Autumn said...

You kill me! Hahahaha

I hear ya, girl!
I am addicted to Dr. Pepper.
grrrr

I stopped drinking it all together a couple months sgo but slowly added it here and there. Then it seemed to creep in my hand more and more. I'm back to trying to drink less and less. It's SO hard!

Alicia said...

I've actually been reading your blog for a while, but hadn't commented yet. Yeah, the sauerkraut was funny. My husband pretty much thought I had lost my mind though!

Post a Comment