Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Taking a Moment to Remember

In a critical election year, would it be possible to put behind us the partisan politics that have divided the country and return to a time when, even when there was a difference of opinion, we were all able to work together for the common good? Septemeber 11th, 2001 was one of the worst days the United States, as a people and a sovereign nation, ever faced. It was also one of our best moments. Heroes were made on that day. Patriots followed in their footsteps to carry on their legacy with a renewed determination to protect and defend America. While we remember those who suffered, can we remember how to get along? I think we owe it to those who gave their lives on this fateful day to try harder than we have ever tried before to regain our unity and strength as a populace. I'm just sayin'...









4 Comments:

larkswing said...

Very nice, very true!

I like your knew template too!

Kristi said...

Too cool. I posted a video slideshow on my blog to help us remember. It gets me choked up to see the live footage and what people have to say...and then put it to music! Gets me everytime.

Bandanamom said...

Hey Geri - I agree with this. It would be so nice if we could all just "get along". Go check out the comment below yours on my blog about the John Stewart bit - or just check out the new entry. It was mind blowing. I'm still highly agitated about it. Do people really hate me that much?

Sue Wilkey said...

SO true - I had a video up yesterday....that time brings back memories of such grief but like you said, such bonding and unity. It's a shame.

Post a Comment