Pages

Monday, May 12, 2008

Snaggletooth




My little guy lost another tooth Saturday night. It wouldn't be so bad, except for the fact that a) it needed a few more weeks to loosen up more and b) he already has his 2 bottom teeth missing, so now it's hard for him to bite things.

Losing it was a bloody affair. He and his big brother and cousin were wrestling on the trampoline. Suddenly I hear crying and I see blood running out of his mouth and of course, I am instantly freaking out on the older boys, asking them what they did to him. Then Little Man holds up his tooth, crying, then screaming at the top of his lungs when he sees the blood, as if he's just been beat by a 300 pound professional boxer. Oh, the inhumanity of it all! After we finally get him calmed down, he tells me what happened. Apparently (or 'parently, as my 5 yr old niece says), he was wrestling with big brother and his tooth caught on brother's back pant pocket (I know...I am still trying to visualize how this could come to pass...is there butt biting in wrestling?) and when his brother stood up, Little Man's tooth was yanked out! OOOOWWWW!! Luckily the tooth was somewhat loose already, but still...OOWWW! So, the tooth fairy did her thing and now we are looking for foods that he can eat without a lot of complaining involved. Watermelon, anyone?





3 Comments:

Stacy said...

Welcome to blogging! So happy to have you.

Banner said...

Hey! Neat blog!! Since I'm your Mother I hope I don't see too many of our life's embarrassing stories on here!!!

Unknown said...

Hey, that's nothin'! When I was about 8 or so, I tripped and smashed face-first into the corner of a square concrete plant pot. Luckily my mouth was open and I literally bounced off with my two front teeth, and didn't take out an eye or break my nose or, y'know, rip my face off or anything. Long story short, the inside corner of my two front teeth are polly-filler.

Post a Comment